Here at William de Percy four-legged friends are a big deal and as a dog-friendly pub and restaurant ourselves we know how important pet-friendly accommodation is to our customers. If you are in the market for a mini-break in the breathtaking Northumberland countryside but don’t want to leave your furry friend behind then rest assured our luxury B&B has everything for you could want and more!
From Dachshunds to Dalmatians, big or small, we love them all and we make sure there’s always room at the Inn for them. As well as being a dog-friendly pub and restaurant we even have three dog-friendly hotel rooms so you can stay the night and explore more of Northumberland with your pooch.
We would even go as far to say we are one of the best places to stay in Northumberland with a dog!!! However, all is fair in love and war so here are our other top picks of pet-friendly hotels in Northumberland….
Warkworth House Hotel
16 Bridge Street, Warkworth, Northumberland, NE65 0XB
The Warkworth House Hotel is a great option for those interested in exploring the Northumberland coastline with mans best friend by their side. The hotel is 100% dog-friendly with pet-friendly rooms on the easily accessible first floor of the hotel, as well as a pet-friendly bar and lounge area. The hotel charge a fee of £10 per pet, however, it’s a small price to pay to have your beloved pet by your side on your travels- especially considering the scenery and walking opportunities the local area has to offer!
The Joiners Arms, Gastro Pub and Luxury 5* Inn
The Joiners Arms, Newton-by-the-Sea, Alnwick, Northumberland
The Joiners Arms is set half a mile back from the sandy North Sea between Embleton and Bamburgh. This coastal stretch is well acclaimed for its spectacular scenery, awarded recognition as a National Trust Area of Outstanding National Beauty (ONB). The spot boasts 5 boutique bedrooms and is widely renowned for its scrummy gastro pub grub. Hold up! It gets better because you can enjoy all this with your pup by your side as the Joiners Arms is pet-friendly approved!
St Aidans Hotel and Bistro
St Aidan Hotel and Bistro, 1 St Aidan’s, Seahouses, NE68 7SR
On the periphery of Seahouses village and harbour, you will find the St. Aidan’s Hotel and Bistro. Family owned, the hotel prides itself on its uninterrupted coastal views. It, therefore, makes an ideal option for those looking to immerse themselves in coastal pursuits, including watching out for the areas famous Farne Island Puffins. The hotel also houses two dog-friendly annex rooms. Get packing, it’s not one to miss!
If these pet-friendly hotels in and around Northumberland sound like they are up your street, here are a few top tips for travelling with your pooch in tow…
Five tips for travelling with a pet…
- Roadtrip! If you are up for a long drive to your mini break location be sure to be considerate with your dog in the car! Don’t leave them alone in car parks or services and be sure to stop regularly for toilet breaks.
- Take their bed! – it’s pretty simple, rather like us dogs respond well to routine and familiarity so take their bed with you to ensure they feel at home and relax into the holiday.
- Treats! – reward and recognition will never go amiss so pack your pups favorite treats to hoax them into good behaviour.
- Toys! – when you’re snuggling up to an evening of Netflix be sure to have something up your coat to keep your furry friend happy too.
- Stay hydrated! Pack a portable doggie water bottle so you can be sure your pooch is drinking enough while you are on the go.